When I was younger, those postcards were just everywhere like a hype: completely black with the writing "cityname by night". Well, "cityname" of course was a city's name, and you got them everywhere I went for vacation. A fun card, showing the darker side of the town. Or rather not. I don't see them often nowadays, where it is rather some half-naked guy or girl with some city phrase. So, why am I writing about this? Anyways, tonight, syndae visits the darker side of ambient. It is rather recommended, not to listen and drive at the same time. On the other hand, I find this style very interesting and mind absorbing, when you let it take you to its depth. Have a great experience with tracks by Robert Fox (Cathedral), Ashtoreth (Midnight Radio Compilation 84), Perceptual Defense (Wishstone), Eisenlager (The Joy Division), Shock of Daylight (Blood is Sweeter Than Honey), and Winterberg (Le Sacre du Noir).
- Robert Fox - Cathedral Part 1 (Cathedral)
- Ashtoreth - Broken II (Midnight Radio Compilation 84) // Bonus track
- Perceptual Defense - Wishstone (Wishstone)
- Eisenlager - OnOff 1 (The Joy Division)
- Shock of Daylight - Blood is Sweeter Than Honey (Blood is Sweeter Than Honey)
- Winterberg - Auferstanden (Le Sacre du Noir)